LBS360.NET is the leading source of information, news and commentary in the fields of geospatial and location-based technologies. We keep our readers informed with news and technology issues quickly and thoroughly via a variety of offerings. We maintain the industry’s most knowledgeable editorial and management team each member of which has substantial experience as a practitioner of geospatial technology.
LBS360.NET will maintain the same high caliber of editorial review that you expect from this and other publications of Directions Media. LBS360.NET will cover topics related to:
- Wireless location-based services
- Location enabling technology platforms
- Location determination hardware and services (GPS, RFID, Wi-Fi, Microwave, etc.)
- Field service Management
- Mobile Resource Management
- Software and application development
- Web mapping portals
- Handsets and other mobile devices
- Real-time geospatial data
What are Location Services?
Location services enable customized information to be delivered or made available based on the specific location of the user. Knowing where the user is at any given time adds a valuable dimension to the kinds of services that can be offered.
As Harry Niedzwiadek writes in his feature article, “All businesses are in pursuit of just-in-time actionable information – just the right information, at the right time, at the right location, on any device – from which they can make effective decisions and take immediate action.” This observation applies equally to individuals in our daily lives. At some points in our lives, we have all found a need to know, for example, where the closest Pizza Palace is and how to get to it from wherever we happen to be at the moment, with a car full of hungry kids! Also check out What are Location Services? – From a GIS Perspective, by Ian Koeppel, ESRI Location Services Industry Manager.
Within the mobile wireless network community, there are two distinct aspects of Location Services:
Location Services (also called Mobile Positioning or Mobile Position Determination technology) deliver specific information about the geographic location (i.e., position) of mobile terminals such as mobile telephones, PDAs, and other devices attached to other moveable items such as people, packages and vehicles.
Location Application Services (also called Location-based Services) deliver end-user applications, normally based on knowing the position of a user with their mobile terminal. These services can be delivered through a wide range of devices, including wireless phones, in-vehicle tracking modules and other types of mobile terminals. Location Application Services also support operations throughout a location-enabled enterprise, including such applications as customer relationship management, accounting, network planning, inventory management, field service, network management, inside/outside plant, and so on.
From a user’s perspective the distinction between Location Services and Location Application Services may not be important. For simplicity, we use the general term Location Services to describe the infrastructure and services that deliver location-based information to users and are available across fixed and mobile networks, such that they can be used by anyone, anywhere at any time and on any device. Location Services become integral to the enterprise (and to the way individuals behave) when they are ubiquitous, efficient and easy to use.
Now, individuals are receiving knowledgeable about data security. If your protection is important to you, you need to remove ThinkPoint today. Computer Safety is fairly vital for each people. Computer system firewall program security be in a position to go fairly a range in maintaining unwelcome customers from info they might utilize in the inaccurate technique.
Safety and security is a complex issue. Internet safety and security is a considerable concern for every people. Information Safety and security seems like a challenging task, yet however, it is actuallyn’t. Computer system and data systems safety has actually changed into a component of protection systems management.
Protection cameras have different field of visions, which describes exactly how much of your home or yard you have the ability to see at any specific time. Indoor safety and security cams do not have to be quite as difficult as the ones which you mount outside, but they should certainly be inconspicuous. The extremely last thing you will need is a dead safety camera once it matters most.
No system is completely secure. The Windows operating system includes a built-in safety and security function that enables you to lock your computer system after a certain amount of time and motivate for a password. Make particular you have fee of your Social Protection account. Such systems make it possible for users to save massive quantities of details at a place besides their pc. Several of the absolute best security electronic camera systems likewise help turn your residence into a wise residence.
Software like Predator takes care of all of the job at no price. Keep in mind that it is never ever complimentary. The software application on your computer system is all up to date. You will certainly constantly be getting the newest software, and also you’re able to download as well as set up the software program right from the web. Choosing the really best antivirus software application should be a whole lot much easier with our specialist evaluations. A paid anti-virus software is specifically helpful in instance you have a COMPUTER or device that has been contaminated. If you’re picking a new antivirus software application as well as may desire to try an entirely free edition, bear in mind there are advantages and disadvantages for both paid and also complimentary versions.
Each time you put protection software on your computer system, what you’re trying to do is see to it the personal details of your computer process is maintained protected when you’re in public places like a cybercafe or a cordless accessibility factor on a computer. Nevertheless, computers are built for individuals to make use of. Obviously, your computer is just protected if you absolutely have a password on your account. There are lots of techniques to monitor a computer. When you have a computer in an ignored, open area, you would like a cable that might stand up to the challenge. The smartest method is to have one computer system that’s entirely employed for electronic banking.
Malware software was made to work covertly without being determined through a regular computer system customer. Most software program can upgrade automatically, so make sure that you set your own to accomplish that. computer tips ‘s certainly best to recognize that you could find some reputable anti-virus software program on the internet at no expense.
Business or a company management is a very hard work, and there is no doubt in it. Many employees in different firms think that the managers only get money and take credit while they do the main works. This situation is even worse in the case of small companies. So, the problematic issue here is about the effective management of work.
So, most of the IT companies offer the service called outsourcing which is quite beneficial and at the same time risky for different organizations. Many of the firms get succeeded by cutting costs related to business functions related to the IT departments, accounting departments, marketing and HRM department, etc.
You can also run a company on your own with the managed IT outsourcing option without the selection and recruitment of a single employee.
However, 3R factor is always linked with IT outsourcing, and it represents three aspects of this style of IT service. That are- Reasons, Rewards, Risks.
Reasons for IT Outsourcing
- With outsourcing, you can eliminate certain aspects from the equation, such as- the cost of hiring employees, training them, health insurance, management oversight, retirement plans of the employees and employment taxes.
- You can mainly focus on the core competencies of the company which is quite practical in this competitive world.
- ROI in the case of IT outsourcing is unbelievably more as you, in this case, will be in the great hands of an experienced company. You can also get benefited from the collective experience of many IT professionals.
- The outsourced IT firms have sufficient human resource, impressive industrial training as well as certifications.
- While maximizing the cost improvement, quality improvement, product and service development, as a whole restricting the company, outsourcing the best option.
Rewards associated with IT Outsourcing
- With this approach, many organizations get multiple resources. While there is a chance that the internal employees can limit the resources as well as capabilities, there is no such risk associated with the outsourcing service of an IT company.
- You don’t have to encourage the employees to get up-to-date with the new technologies, software and hardware by choosing the outsourcing services.
- There are many financial benefits associated with this service as you can rely on bulk purchasing, the option of leasing software and hardware, etc.
- The outsourcing companies have well-experienced and capable employees who can help you with your issues of IT, and you don’t have to give job security to the employees.
Risks of this IT service
- There are several IT functions that can’t be outsourced easily due to the complex automated factors.
- There is severe risk involved with confidentiality of the information in case of outsourcing Information Technology services.
- Disaster recovery is another risk associated with it.
- Control might be out of your hand with the approach of IT outsourcing.
- Many of the famous outsourcing companies require a signed contract of one year or two years in the case of which you may limit the factor of flexibility and get yourself locked in.